Cherrywood has a Nurture Team that care for children’s emotional wellness at school. The team includes Mrs S Casey, Miss T Spooner, Mrs J Patel and Mrs C Nwese. The team has been specially trained to work in a nurture group setting.
- children are supported to develop positive relationships with adults and each other
- developing children’s self-esteem takes high priority
- children are encouraged to talk about their feelings and take responsibility for their actions
- play opportunities are provided to help children learn to share and get on with each other
- children are encouraged to care for each other and their environment
The Orchard is designed for children who may
- have difficulty concentrating and learning in the classroom
- have difficulty controlling their feelings and expressing them in an acceptable way
- have difficulty getting along with other children
- be quiet or withdrawn
In a typical session the children will take part in Circle Time, snack time, play games, learn social skills. There will also be opportunities for practical activities, such as cooking and art.
The nurture group staff liaise closely with the children’s class teachers to ensure that there is continuity between the work the children do in The Orchard and the classroom.
If you have any questions, or would like to find out more, please speak to Miss Culverhouse at the school.