This week in brief…
Monday: INSET (school closed)
Tuesday: First day back after the summer break
- As it is the first week back we don’t have any parent events or training courses in school time as teachers are getting to know their new classes.
- Reading diaries will go out before the end of the week (they are being reviewed and improved in today’s staff meeting).
- If you want your child’s book changed more frequently than once a week, please write in their diary ‘please change’. These books will be checked daily by an LSA and weekly by the class teacher.
- A class ‘routines’ letter will be coming out in the next week sharing PE, library, homework and book change days and any other important information.
- Our class pages have all been updated on the website and will be regularly updated with photos. These can be found under menu ‘pupils’ at the top of this page. It will have the staff working in your child’s class, will be updated with blogs from their trips, key things they need to learn this year and any other relevant class information. (e.g. SATs, homework, photos, websites for them to use.)
- You can find out what staff are working in each class on our updated staff page. There have been some big changes. We now have a larger senior leadership team, a new family support worker and a new ‘in house’ French teacher.
- If you need any more school uniform please order it through our school supplier.
- This week, Miss Bowen (and either Mrs Tagima or Mrs Gabbott) are visiting all our new reception class at home before they start part-time on Monday (11th).
- All of the staff completed Health and Safety, Child Protection and Safeguarding training on our Monday INSET training day. Teachers also had training on enriching our wider curriculum and are using the staff meeting this week to plan some exciting new learning for pupils.
- Mrs Gabbott and Miss Culverhouse have moved to the ‘Hive’ (first room on the left as you come through the big main gate) and you are very welcome to come and chat to either about any issues at the beginning or end of school.
Future dates for the diary:
Wednesday 18th October 1.30pm – Harvest Festival